Wednesday 13 January 2016

Wednesday 13th January

Down to three of us today, M, L and me. L is flying to Punta Arenas Friday so we could be down to two. Both Jo and Jen maintain their intense enthusiasm which I greatly admire. Did I forget to mention that Jo in particular is quite stunning! With Jen we focused on how to buy things in shops which has more practical application than hair colour and styles!

M and I picked up sandwiches for lunch in the shop round the corner and went to the park across the river since it offered some shade. Yesterday was quite overcast and cool but today is sunny and hot. Realise I am now half way through my course. Think I have learned a lot but realise how far I am from having even a basic ability in Spanish. In the afternoon with Lu,  still trying to master “Ser” and “Estar”!The two words Spanish uses for the English verb “to be” Find it very difficult. DOCTOR PLACE
I need to try to memorise this mnemonic
SER
DOCTOR
Date
Occupation
Characteristics
Time
Origin
Relation

ESTAR
PLACE
Position
Location
Action
Condition
Emotion


Had a rest back in my room, did my homework and then had another sandwich and a beer in Prosit, an informal cafe along Bernardo O'Higgins. When I came out there was some sort of motor bike rally taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment