Tuesday 12 January 2016

Tuesday 12th January

Similar routine to yesterday. Three of our class have been moved to a rather more advanced class, leaving just four of us who really are total beginners! For lunch we bought empanadas in the shop round the corner to eat in the nearby, rather scruffy, park. The afternoon session with L worked better because I was able to get her to go over the pronunciation rules in detail. This morning, before school, I looked on the internet for a simple table showing the rules for Spanish pronunciation in terms of either English or phonetic spellings but was surprised not to find any. At least I now have some scrappy notes I can refer to but a nice printed table would be so much better. By the end of the afternoon session I was quite exhausted so came back to the room, had a rest, did my homework and went out to eat at a nearby Peruvian restaurant. The "chaufa de pollo peruano" looked more exciting in the menu than the chicken fried rice it turned out to be. But the Corona was good. Only when I came out did I realise I had been short changed by 1000 pesos so I ended up paying 9500 instead of 8500.

No comments:

Post a Comment